Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy (Early) St. Patrick's Day!

Welcome to another Sunday afternoon! It's been a few days since we posted a paper project, but we've been busy packing up. A little daunting of a task, but totally worth it. Anyway, here is a card I made for St. Patrick's Day. I know that it's a little early, but there were a few challenges that I wanted to do, and this is what I came up with. I absolutely love how it came out. The only thing I would change would be the eye color. I wish I had done blue eyes (one of the Irish traits we were fortunate enough to inherit), but the green matches better. (We also inherited the fair skin...) I also made the shamrock on a "wiggle wire". The three flowers on the side have brads the color of the flag of Ireland. I also added some green ink to the edges of the white papers, to give them some color. The front of the card says, "Irish..." and the inside of the card reads, "...you a happy St. Patrick's Day!"


Challenges:
     Fantabulous Cricut: Fun with Puns
     Cooking with Cricut: Challenge #73: Sketch & Pick 3

5 comments:

  1. It's an adorable card and I love how you matched your brads to the Irish flag colors- great detail! Fun pun too! Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut this week!
    Hugs,
    Heather P
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little leprachaun! I like the shamrock on the wiggle wire! Great pun! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute St. Patrick's Day card for an upcoming holiday. Thanks for entering Fantabulous Cricut Fun With Puns challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer Fantabulous Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Love the sentiment:) TFS and thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card - love the leprechaun! Thanks for joining in our CWC challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete