Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Now, I don't think there are too many male readers out there, but I guess we should wish them a Happy Father's Day. And an especially happy day to our dad.
We have two projects to share today. The first project is a fun little card for dad. Our dad used to garden, A LOT. Now he has a small garden that if he's lucky, he gets some tomatoes out of. I don't think we ever had radishes though. Actually, I don't know if I've ever eaten a radish... Well, just because I haven't had them, doesn't mean I can't use them in craft projects! Just remember, "Dad, you're rad!"
We have entered this card into two challenges, at Fantabulous Cricut and SOUS

Today's second project is a "fun in the sun" banner. Since summer starts later this week, all of our projects will be summer-themed, of course! (Now, when I say summer starts, I'm pretty sure that it has already started in most parts of the United States, except here. They say that summer doesn't start until July 5th in the Northwest. I'm not sure if that's absolutely true, but I'm not complaining! There's nothing quite like 85 degrees and 95 percent humidity to really kick things up. Not. I would much rather take this 65-70 and sunny over that.) Enough weather-ranting. Here it is.


Sorry for the picture-heavy post.
Thanks for stopping by!


Today's Party Trivia:
- The construction of the Taj Mahal (the real one, not the one in Atlantic City...) is completed. It was actually a mausoleum for the emperor's wife.
- The Statue of Liberty made its journey across the ocean and arrived in New York in 1885.
- Today is National Apple Strudel Day! (What dad wouldn't like some of that on Father's Day?!)

9 comments:

  1. Cute projects! I love an occasional radish! Spices things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card:) I am sure your Dad will love it:) Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a RAD card...lol Great for Fathers Day!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are a BLAST!
    The colors are the best for the Dad's card
    and the banner has so many wonderful details in it!
    I'm super impressed!
    I'm so glad you shared these with us again! Too cute ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love that Radish card...so fun! Thanks so much for joining us over at SOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and creative card. Love the play on words. So glad you shared it with us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh!! Love your card and the inside sentiment is just too too cute and way clever..LOL
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at sous
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card.....love the play on words, perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete