Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Hello everyone! We hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. Now it's all down-hill to the weekend, which is always good. Today also happened to be the first day of spring, which is always exciting! Now that we've experienced our first full year here, we've noticed that there really isn't much difference between fall, winter, and spring. It pretty much rains any time of the year (but not all the time!) Every once in a while, the sun will pop out, even if it is raining. Kind of like today, which was the inspiration for this post:
This is our 'First Day of Spring' card. I spent the work day, staring out the window, seeing it pour at the same time as the sun is shining brightly. It was the kind of day that defines spring. When I came home, I wanted to throw together a quick card, so I came up with this. I had some help with the layout, from Mojo Monday's Sketch Challenge this week. My other inspiration came from a saying I saw that I thought fit the theme. Unfortunately, my camera died before I could get a picture of the inside of the card. The inside says, "Count the rainbows, not the rain storms". It's pretty much how we get through the rainy season here!
Thanks so much for stopping by tonight! Have a wonderful Friday Eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment