Tuesday, July 16, 2013

4th of July Layout

So I've decided that the best way to keep on top of scrapping every day moments and celebrations is to do them right away. Go figure, right? Says the girl who hasn't finished her's from several summers ago... Maybe now I'll actually do it. Maybe...
Here's a 4th of July layout to share today. I found the sketch over on SOUS (and entered it into their challenge here.) It was perfect to show off our 4th picnic.
We've had this paper floating around for a while and I couldn't figure out anything to use it for. Even though the colors are your "normal" red, white and blue, it is definitely patriotic, and therefore perfect for this. You can see it better in the picture below, but there is a really fun starbust-type design in the corner. I didn't want to cover it with the elements from the page, so I tried my hand at cutting around the design to put it on top of the elements. It came out better than I thought it would! Not perfect, since the blade is a little dull, but definitely got the job done.
Now that the layout is done, I just need to add photos. So much for finishing a layout on time.

It is also linked up to the SOUS Die Cut Flourish Challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Awwesome 4th of July layout! Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this page really screams celebration! Loving the profusion of colours - perfect for your 4th July photo's. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! Love this bright and fun LO! Thanks for [laying along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous patriotic layout!! I love it!! The flourish you used is just perfect on this layout! Thanks for joining us at SOUS;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, very good for the 7-4 pictures! Good to see you using the SOUS sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sketch, love that color combo and way to with the flourish, thanks for joining SOUS!

    ReplyDelete