Saturday, December 3, 2016

On the Third Day of Christmas

Santa ran a little late... Sometimes you happen to fall asleep 7:45, and have to get everything done the next day. However, today's project did get finished, so it's all good!
Today's project is a little DIY lighted garland that would be perfect for a tablescape or to hang on the mantel. These poinsettias are about 4” wide and come together in a snap (once the pieces are cut out). I won't lie to you, I cut these out with my machine, so that helped, a lot. These pieces can also be shrunken down a little to make napkin rings or other decorations. These will add a lot of character and class to your holiday!
For each flower, I used green, red, and yellow (or gold) cardstock. There are three red layers to each flower and a green holly leaf layer. If you want to add a little sparkle to the flowers, you can add some white glitter to the edges for a snow-covered look, gold veins in the petals, or gold sparkle instead of the paper in the center, like I did. Since you are going to be folding and rolling the pieces, I recommend using thinner paper- it makes it easier to bend and fold. In this case, I made each individual flower, and then worked around the little bulbs on my light strand. I created five poinsettias for this garland and skipped a few lights in between to add a little sparkle and flare.
Once everything is cut out, you can follow these step-by-step directions to assemble the flowers. For other decorations, you can cut the pieces out at this size or shrink it down to a better size or enlarge it to make wall décor. 

Here are the downloadable files, just for you!
Instructions PDF File (with "Holiday Craft Ideas" Printable)
Printable pattern file
SVG file: (coming soon!)

Thanks for taking a look! I'd love to see some finished projects with the poinsettias!!


No comments:

Post a Comment